Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Healing Russia

Last night's lucid dream:

I find myself at a bar in Russia. I say to people sitting at the bar counter that some object (a matchbook? a candle holder?) is Russia, and we must pour our love and healing energy into it. The people in the bar oblige. I say I know we are just a few people, but this is how we do it. This is how we heal Russia. And the people agree. Healing energy comes out of our hands into the object. We sing and make sounds to assist, and very slowly bring our outpouring to a close.

People begin finding the contours of Russia in the woodgrain of the bar, tracing their fingers along a range of mountains. I keep focusing my eyes on different parts of the bar so I can remain in the dream. [Many lucid dreamers find that if you stare at something for too long, the dream will dissolve.] Some people feel resentful of my presumption that Russia needs healing. I talk to them. Others tell me about a history of tension between Russia and China, about police corruption, about the backlash of communism as a reactionary movement to what preceded it, about poor living conditions. A very tall woman who works at the bar seems particularly keen on avoiding me. She is resentful and wants to leave right away. She is as tall as a telephone pole, and I think that she may be Russia herself. She leaves the bar to go home to sleep.

After we finish our healing session, I try lighting a Tibetan candle with a match. A man at the bar says he will help. He blows on the candle with great vigor, trying to act as a bellows, when really he is just blowing out the flame. He says the candle is broken, and asks if I want him to throw it out. I say, "No, I can light it!" And I do, even though the wick is below the wax. I light it and it burns. I cleanse the space. Outside the bar, I see a police officer chasing someone. I contemplate ending the dream because it has already gone on for so long and I want to be able to remember it all. I do not want to ask the corrupt police officer how to heal Russia, but behind him, I see a man I feel I can trust. He's wearing a light blue shirt and a copper or bronze badge. I say, "How do we heal Russia?" He says, "I like that, hon. Just like that." He means that we can heal Russia by asking the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment